- A regular contributor to many industry publications and writes a monthly column on HVAC systems for Mechanical Business magazine
- EEBA – Excellence in Building Legacy Award – 2013
- EnerQuality Corp/Ontario Home Builders Association – Hall of Fame Inductee 2007
- Member of over a dozen industry associations across North America
- Chairman of Canadian Standard Association F280 Residential Heat-Loss/Heat-Gain Standard, which now recognizes proper sizing of mechanical systems in high-performance homes.
Gord Cooke is a Partner with Construction Instruction Inc. Gord is a professional engineer with over 25 years of experience in the low and high-rise residential building industry. As an educator, industry consultant and much sought after presenter, Gord has a unique talent for taking the building science issues that he sees in the field, and presenting them in an easily understood and practical real-world manner. Gord has particular expertise in applied building science, energy efficient housing initiatives, innovative HVAC systems, ventilation and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). He has developed and delivered a multitude of workshops in these fields, as well as sales and marketing courses for builders and real estate agents to help them best promote the features and benefits of high performance houses.