Ci Live: Innovative, Hands-On Training for the Building Community
Join Construction Instruction for Ci Live!
This workshop is focused specifically on the needs for accurately communicating the value of high-performance, energy-efficient, sustainable homes. Participants – such as builders, architects, new home sales specialists / agents – will learn the skills to effectively translate the technical features of high-performance homes and communicate the value, risks and opportunities to new home buyers. This presentation applies proven communication techniques specifically to the technology of high-performance homes, such as those built under the latest energy codes, ENERGY STAR for New Homes, LEED for Homes and other local green building standards. Participants will be empowered by this session to help new homebuyers make better decisions with respect to energy efficiency, recent advancing building codes and other technical advancements. This workshop includes examples, case studies and role play scenarios relevant to both custom and large-volume builders, and draws on the successes of many builders who have already realized the benefits of offering high-performance homes. The workshop is applicable to varying levels of energy efficiency, construction methods, fuel types and local energy efficiency programs and will be customized to match the code and market conditions of the geographical areas of the attendees.
- An introduction to energy efficient, green home programs
- The basics – what is an energy-efficient, high-performance home?
- Why we need to change the way we build and sell homes
- The basics of building science & the relevance to new home buyers
- Identifying the many features and benefits of high-performance homes
- Communicating high-performance, energy-efficient values that empower homebuyers to make better energy decisions
- Identifying buyers’ needs and desires with respect to energy-efficient, rated homes
- Addressing questions and concerns about energy-efficient homes
Participants should be anyone interested in communicating the attributes of high-performance homes to homebuyers, including builders, architects, new and experienced new-home-sales agents / specialists, builders’ marketing and product managers, building supply sales representatives and housing program officials. Participants will leave with a much deeper understanding of the technical features of new energy-efficient, high-performance homes as well as the dozens of valuable benefits they offer to home buyers. Attendees will be expected to participate in a series of group exercises, case studies and role plays that will integrate the technical features of high-performance homes and will enhance the retention of material presented. Participants will learn a defined communication process that will help them do a better job with the fundamentals of educating clients on the specific elements and value of the technical features of high-performance homes. The process will also prepare participants for handling many questions and concerns that new home buyers may have as they consider the purchase of a high-performance home. Participants will be given reference sheets and support materials to take away for future use.
What You’ll Accomplish:
- Understand the technical aspects of high-performance, sustainable homes – such as those meeting the latest energy codes or ENERGY STAR, LEED for Homes and other local green building programs – from a homebuyer’s perspective
- Develop a communication plan to help clients make more informed decisions about high-performance homes
- Translate the technical features of high-performance homes into benefits homebuyers can understand and value
- Integrate the technical features of new energy-efficient homes into existing sales and marketing plans
- Use technical language of high-performance homes to enhance communication confidence
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided both days, with a happy hour reception at the end of day 1.
There are numerous hotel options from many of the top brands very close to the Training Center on 44th Street between McDowell and Van Buren. If you are looking for specific recommendations, here are two options that are more commonly-used by our guests.
Hilton Garden Inn Old Town Scottsdale (CI Group Rate)
7324 East Indian School Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
Hampton Inn Phoenix Airport North
601 North 44th Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85008