If there’s something on a building that can be measured, we can do it.
Ci provides verification services for: Complete Home Energy Rating (HERS ratings); including existing home energy audits, ENERGY STAR for new homes, Built Green Colorado, Building America Builder’s Challenge, Environments for Living, LEED-H and Federal Energy Tax Credits.
- Participation in goal setting meetings of conceptual plan design development for energy efficiency and green building practices.
- Plan reviews, code compliance, building science based technical plan analysis, product evaluations and related technical information/documentation regarding the following:
- Water/moisture management and building durability system analysis and integration
- On-site training of field personnel
- Thermal enclosure design
- Indoor air quality systems
- Efficient mechanical systems integration
- Process integration and economic tradeoffs of high performance building systems into the design, engineering and building processes.
- Products, specifications and scopes of work writing to incorporate into building operations.
- REMRate, Energy-10, EnergyGauge or DOE 2 detailed computer energy modeling on whole building energy efficiency and detailed cost improvement analysis for entire buildings, systems or individual systems or components.
- Water/moisture management and durability systems integration and analysis with hands-on field or applicable training.
- High Performance HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning) and mechanical systems design and integration, including:
- Building mechanical loads analysis and equipment sizing and selection.
- Duct distribution sizing and layout.
- Whole house ventilation systems strategies and layouts.
- Solar systems and photovoltaic system optimization.
- Solar thermal systems.
- Combination or alternative systems heating and cooling systems designs.
- Hot water delivery systems.
- Lighting and appliance selections.
Home Energy Rating
A home energy rating is an analysis of a home’s energy efficiency; as per the Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index. The HERS Index is the nationally recognized scoring system for measuring a home’s energy performance. Based on the results, an energy-rated home will receive a HERS Index Score. The HERS Index Score can be described as a sort of miles-per-gallon (MPG) sticker for houses, giving prospective buyers and homeowners an insight as to how the home ranks in terms of energy efficiency. In addition to a HERS Index Score, a home energy rating also provides the homeowner with a detailed report regarding energy problems in the house.